Things I like about this film:
1. the growing up montage
2. the story sequence
3. those street shots that look like gopro.
4. the Lady of the lake sequence
5. the whole thing has kind of a Macbeth-feel to it
6. Uther Pendragon is THE stone in “the sword in the stone.”
So basically everything in the trailer and a couple of other things.
Things I think it's hmmmm:
1. the Opening. The editing, the pacing, feels awkward.
2. the script. It’s a very meh script.
3. the elephants, the snakes, the evil demon, the tower crumbling.
5. An overindulgence of fast paced dialogue-driven intercuts. In some of his previous films, this trademark technique is used sparingly, and intelligently. Not in this film. Some of the intercuts just seem unnecessary. (The execution sequence? And the flight after? The Darkland sequence? Are they necessary? The negotiation sequence is fine. And the fact that they are mostly packed in the first half of the film, one after another. The consequence is, one, it leaves no respite for the audience, two, It diminishes other good intercuts.