原帖题目 100 Things I learned from The Turin Horse...
1. Horses don't need a reason to give up.
＊2. He likes a little salt with his potato. She prefers it without.
3. Gypsies are not welcome.
4. You need two good arms to dress yourself in the morning.
5. There's nothing over the hill.
6. There's not enough Palinka in the world to make life worth living.
7. A dry well is the last straw.
8. You can lead a horse to potato leftovers, but you can't make her eat.
9. A constant howling wind is not your friend.
10. A lamp needs a wick as well as oil.
＊11. She's not that hungry.
12. He often gets angry, and has quite a potty-mouth.
13. The wind has blown it away.
14. The order of aquisition and debasement is unclear.
15. There isn't a single tiny nook where you can hide something from them.
16. He likes a little salt with his potato. She prefers it without.
17. He likes a little salt with his potato. She prefers it without.
18. He likes a little salt with his potato. She prefers it without.
19. those who left will return. i hope this will also be the case with tarr.
20. not many words are needed, in the end.
21. Brandy is the best breakfast.
22. Hungary is a happy place.
＊23. You can peel a potato with one hand.
24. It's always windy where they live.
＊25. Much easier to peel a potato when it's boiled.
＊26. Whosoever eats their potato first gets to sit at the window and watch the windy nothingness.
＊27. Rural Hungarians have no outhouses or chamber pots because they do not urinate or defecate, even over the course of six days.
28. When a man needs something, he should just shout at his daughter (Ex. "Coat!" or "Brandy!").
29. No sudden movements (unless there are gypsies afoot).
30. When dressing, add as many layers as possible.
31. Two large palinkas each morning is a great way to start the day.
32. When your water runs out, pack all your belongs, travel to a nearby hill and back again.
33. A low rumbling machine like drone will announce the arrival of gypsies.
34. When the world completely degrades and falls into darkness, go and have a lie down in bed.
＊35. You've not really seen anything unless you've stared at it for at least seven minutes (actually I learned this from Satantango)
36. The best way to open up a potato is a karate chop.
37. When fire dies, horse dies (horse = fire).
38. Refuse to dress yourself. Your daughter will do that for you.
39. Hot potato = yum, raw potato = screw this.
＊40. Wind audio samples are expensive, so just loop the same 10 second loop at varying volumes throughout the film.
＊41. When you live in a cold drafty house in a desolate wasteland, don't worry about sleeping with your bare feet sticking out of the blanket. Your feet won't get cold at all.
＊42. Apparently, those gypsies were going to make it all the way to America in that horse carriage.
＊45. it is better to be scalded than to be patient
46. it is better to be scalded than to be patient
47. it is better to be scalded than to be patient
48. some of the easiest lessons will never be learned
＊49. A half potato and two glasses of booze is enough to get you through the day.
50. Human existence is heavy.
51. We do not know what happened to the horse.
52. If the woodworms go silent after 58 years, prepare to panic.
53. not all bible speed-reading classes are effective
＊54. dad can't wink while eating potato OR dad can't not wink while eating potato
55. If Moe wasn't so quick to beat Curly, he'd see that he actually did have something to say.
56. Upon discovering that your water supply has been cut off, find and drink the nearest bottle of alcohol.
57. Two wooden plates and a bucket for salt can last a lifetime for eating.
＊58. Man can undress himself when he is angry.
59. A square wood piece can protect a circular well.
60. When there is no water left, you need to swear.
61. A large stone can avoid the big wooden doors to close.
62. A small stone furnace can heat a 50m2 house.
＊63. Don't let the horses touch a philosopher or they will die and the philosopher will have a stroke.
64: Old farmers don't sleep in their socks.
65: Sometimes, you just gotta say "tohellwithit" and drink liquor straight from the bottle
66: The bible was not written with the common man in mind.
＊67: When life gives you dead horses, make horsemeat stew. Add potatoes. Sprinkle with fruit brandy. Serve steaming hot.
＊68. Nap = Day, in Hungarian.
69. Everything they can lay their hands on is theirs.
70. Holy places have been violated by the great injustice of actions that have taken place within them that scandalize the congregation.
＊71. Horses continue to defecate even when they are no longer eating.
72. Horses do not need to eat or drink to stay alive.
73. Working alone, a woman can load a handcart in about a minute; however, working with a man, it takes her three times as long to unload it.
74. Don't mess with gypsies. They'll come back at midnight and steal all your water when your camera is off.
75. It's a good idea to tie the horse behind the cart when you go hiking with all your important stuff (that is pálinka).
76. Don't ever greet your closest relatives.
77. If something unexpected happens, sleep like there's no tomorrow. Chances are there isn't.
78. Brooms are useless. Invest in potatoes instead.
79. Combs are useless, too. Invest in brandy instead.
80. When hungry, have some brandy. When frustrated, have some brandy. When angry, have some brandy.
81. When out of brandy, eat raw potatoes.
82) Small talk is useless.
83) Silence is golden.
84) Living is hard, boring and brutal.
85) For some strange reason, boring, mundane films like this (and Kaneto Shindo's 'The Naked Island') don't bore me as much as I'd imagine. Instead I find them mesmerizing and beautiful and thought-provoking.
86) Love is like the wind, and wild is the wind.
87) The sound of howling wind is the best ambiance.
88) To "put something differently" is to repeat the same words in different orders.
89. Tarr Béla makes fun movies, if your sense of humour is dark. (This was the first time I watched any of his movies.)
90. Horses make awesome actors.
91. People survive on potatoes even when there's no war.
92. We live in our own windy valleys.
93. Wind only blows in two looped tones repeated ad eternally.
94. Beards were cool before hipsters.
95. Time is our biggest problem.
96. You still can make poetry with a comercial film in the XXI century.
97. Old men with long beards living in solitude not always are zen monks, wise masters or gurus.
98. Horses lives are not as different nor better as some human lives.
＊99. If you don't have electricity or a tv set, your window will do it's job.
and 100: We need more art cinema like this. (We hope Tarr changes his mind about this being his last film)